Thursday, January 31, 2013

Friday, January 18, 2013

Monday, January 14, 2013

Lolita 52 week challenge: week 2

Its week 2 and this week's topic is:  5 movies for Lolitas

Now I have be honest. I do not necessarily see movies and music as for specifically lolitas. In the end, what we watch and like is based on who we are, not what we wear. Still, considering the topic I will give it a shot. 

Note: I left off some of the very obvious ones, especially movies with lolitas in them. Just seemed unfair to waste space on movies that most lolitas want, have, or will see at some point in the future.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Lolita 52 week challenge: week 1

This year, I intend to try and do a rather lengthy challenge: a 52 week lolita challenge.

And today's challenge:  5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style

52 weeks challenge by Fyeahlolita

So I was bouncing around on the egl forums for the first time in a while. And I came across a friending meme. I figured now would be a good time as any to see if any of the Hawaiian lolitas wanted to friend so I made a quick post.

Scrolled around a bit and came across a link to Fyeahlolita's blog. And they were talking about a 52 week challenge. My o my, I can go for that. And to start, lets link it

Monday, January 7, 2013

Guest blog: Ivie Loli

Hello hello! Welcome to the official first post of 2013. And with a new year come new starts. With Random Ramblings slowly but surely becoming a purely lolita blog, I wanted to start something new to help inspire fresh writing and fresh reading: Asking other brolitas to write an article or two for my blog. It could be about anything. Personal history. Favorite dresses. Con experiences. Transformation articles.

What this will do is start giving even more insight into brolitas not just from a single source but multiple sources and various perspectives. Because lets be honest: As much as some people want it to be, I do not represent all brolitas. Heck I probably represent 10% of what it means to be a brolita. So hopefully, we can start covering the other 90% that I have missed. 

So without further delay, I introduce my first guest writer: Ivie Loli

Ivie and I in all our frilly glory
Ivie was a brolita who I met through my blog, when she left a comment on one of my post. A quick facebook exchange and we became FB friends. But it wasn't until my trip to Orlando a few months later that I met Ivie in person, who was still working on putting together her closet. Since then, we have stayed in contact and in December 2012, I went back down to see Ivie and get some picture together :)

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 in the rearview mirror

So its official. The books are now closed on 2012. With all 365 days now accounted for, I look back on 2012 and the year I had.