Thursday, October 20, 2011

Brolita: A personal how-to guide

Disclaimer: I by no mean claim to be an expert on the matter. But I would like to think that I pull off the look pretty well and that this can go on to help other guys pull off the magical transformation that makes us feel beautiful to the world.


I love brolitas,. Of course I would. I myself am one. But I know as well as anyone else that we are a rare specie of lolita. In a fashion where only a few thousand of us (lolitas) exist, brolitas make up only a couple dozen *and this is assuming boys in Japan are crazy for lolita... because outside of Japan I can only think of about a dozen boys who actively dress in lolita*

Its understandable. We live in a world where FtM cross-dressing is well accepted but MtF cross-dressing is heavily criticized. Its a world where people would not think twice about a girl in a tuxedo but would heavily question a guy in a dress. And that IMO is totally unfair. But this is another debate for another time.

Despite the criticisms, boys all over are discovering lolita fashion and making the decision to don the frills instead of the pants. 2 and a half years ago I was one of these boys. I discovered lolita. I bought some pieces. And I have been brolita ever since.

But I just did not wake up one day and pull off the look as well as I do today.  It took me months upon months to pull off a respectable look w/o the help of my female friends and tons of trial and error. But the result has been a satisfying look that allows me to feel beautiful to the outside world.

lolita savannah meet Oct 8th, 2011. Debuting my BtSSB Red Riding Hood skirt. 

Over the next few days, I will be going over the parts of my lolita outfit that allow me to transform from the everyday boy the world sees me as to the beautiful frilly girl I love showing off to the world.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm looking forward to reading these next posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh~ i love your outfit~ yay red riding hood! :3 i also really like the style in which you write. :3

    ReplyDelete